Frequently Asked Questions
Why use an Airtime wireless clock system?
Enables precise wireless time synchronisation between all clocks within a building and is available for digital and analogue slave clocks (frequency band 868 MHz)
Is there a cost saving?
- Cost saving on installation (battery clocks) due to no cabling.
- Battery life for clocks with hours and second hands lasts eight years.
- Whilst clocks with hours, minutes, and second hands last five years.
- Automatic Summer/Wintertime change.
Is the system license free?
Yes, the system works on 868Mhz, a free frequency with no yearly charge.
How many clocks can be installed on the system?
- A single transmitter can control an unlimited number of wireless clocks. Time distribution over distances up to 250m is possible (repeaters can also extend distance and bridge building dead zones).
- Unlike wifi signals, the signal does not weaken with the number of devices on it. The normal signal distance in a standard fabricated build is 150-200m.
How is the system synchronised?
The system can be synchronised by either a GPS antenna or NTP from the facility computer network. Both enable 100% time accuracy and Summer/Wintertme changes.
Do you offer a free demo and site survey/quotation?
Yes, we can come to the site and demo the system, carry out a site-wide signal test to see if the clocks would work and raise a quote once complete.